Wednesday, September 15, 2010

There's a hair in my bed

Let me just sing my husband's praises for a minute here. I have the best husband. He is such a hard worker. He is beautiful. He is passionate and sensitive. He is the first person I want to tell everything to. Nobody can make me laugh like he does. He is patient beyond belief. He does more for me and the kids than most husbands I know. He is so above and beyond what I deserve!

That being said, sometimes I get sooo grossed out by him. Is this just me? Living with a man is so disgusting. I could list all kinds of things...don't get me started. But the worst is his curly hair. I LOVE my husband's thick, dark, curly hair. The problem is, finding little black curly hairs everywhere can be kind of disturbing. You never know if they came from his head...or other places. I pulled the sheets off our bed to wash them today, and there were HUNDREDS of little, black, curly hairs on his side...all pushed down to the foot of the bed. ?????

Am I the only one who has these issues?

9 comments:

Eve said...

LOL!! I don't have that particular issue, but I can always tell when Adam has a sinus infection because he has a (totally gross) odor that I can smell when I kiss him.

Rebecca said...

from the wife of one curly-haired man to another- i COMPLETELY understand.

Meredith said...

GROSS!!!

calizona said...

O lovely Linz
Don't distress at all
The hairs of thy love
nor the curly hairball.

'Tis only an off'ring
(tho' primal and base)
from the man-beast thou lovest!
(Just think of his face).

Now, see? All is right.
Fear nothing, my dear.
Where there's a hairball,
A Nathan is near.

Lindsey said...

Wow. That's about all I can say to that. I do appreciate all your kind words, but you ruined them with the hair stuff. And how do you think I feel? Every night when I climb into bed, I have to push all this hair from heck knows where down to the foot of my bed. It makes a great foot pillow.

Lindsey said...

Sigh. Nathan doesn't know how to make a comment as himself. Sad. Foot pillow- gross.

The Allred Family said...

I laughed so hard at this!!!! I remember changing Jenn and Jim's sheets one time and they definitely had the same prob. I don't know if its that my husband isn't very hairy or the fact that we have creme and black sheets and just haven't noticed such atrositites. Not to say there aren't other things like sitting on a toilet seat BEFORE you've realized you've just sat down in your husband's pee.

Cynthia said...

I think it's kind of gross sharing a house with anyone - men, daughters, sons, babies etc etc. I wish the only messes I had to clean up were the ones I made myself and can readily identify the source.

sondra german said...

oh my gosh i'm laughing like mad. i think the situation is reversed in our house... my husband is uncomfortalbe with me for leaving "hair dolls" on the shower wall... you know the huge wad of hair that comes out when washing it? yeah, that. i can't stand pulling hair out of the drain, so, yeah.