Monday, February 23, 2009

.pu flesym gnireehc

I have been seriously "frustrated" with Hazel lately. She is going through a......well, a rough patch.

So I thought I would type some of the cute things that she has been saying/doing this week. Maybe that will make me feel a little better about her.

***
This morning she rolled over in bed and said in her sweet little first-thing-in-the-morning voice "Mommy, is this tomorrow?"

I said "Yes." And she said "YAY! I love tomorrow."

***
While playing with Owen she all of a sudden grabbed my desk calendar and, talking in a robotic voice, said "I am an alien. I stole your scriptures."

***
On Sunday she was sitting in my lap and whispered in my ear "You make my heart super happy."

***
Today she named her favorite stuffed puppy Kyle. She has her new cousin on the brain a lot lately. She talked to her Aunt Paige on the phone and said "Did you see baby Kyle yet? He came out of Aunt Meredithses belly already."

***
I can't think of anymore right now....but this helped a little. :) And here's a super-random (not to mention old) picture that I just saw that made me laugh. I don't know if it has already made an appearance on my blog before, but it cheered me up, and that's what this post is all about.






I almost forgot! Hazel pulled this plastic tub onto her "nest" at nap time and made a little bed in it. That's where she wanted to take her nap. The only way I could convince her not to was to finally pick it up and dump her out of it. And the only reason I didn't let her is because I was afraid she would roll over and hit her head on the side of the tub, thus cutting MY nap short.



10 comments:

Nicole said...

That picture made me laugh!! Sweet Hazel. It's rough being 3. The good news is, 4 is just around the corner!

Lindsey said...

Well....unfortunately Owen's "rough patch" lasted from 3 to 6. I'm not sure I can handle another three years....or two. It's all the same 'cause it seems like forever.

sondra german said...

i love the crazy pic. :)
hazel's just testing you. she has to know exactly how far she can push you... you know, for the later years... haha

Christie said...

My pastor had a saying for every year from 2 to 5! I hope it gets better soon. I can certainly understand b/c Hayden is almost two. I think it's starting early.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

I love those thigns she said. :You make my heart super happy"...that's the cutest thing ever. Those are the moments when you know you should be a mom. Every other moment...I question myself. :)

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

that was claire

Anonymous said...

Love that picture!
Love the comment about Kyle. Can't wait to see her! Also, the part about the heart being super happy is so sweet. That's what being a Mom is all about. Just try to get through the other crap and you'll be fine! ILY!!

Maury said...

Thank you so much for your comment! Okay, seriously I LOVE your blog. So honest. So hilarious. That's how I like it:)

Maury said...

P.S. I commented on your gym nudity post.

Dionne said...

What's up with the Rubbermaid bucket thing?? The other night Raleigh got out of bed complaining that she couldn't sleep. I went back to her room to tuck her in and found a bucket on her bed that she had been trying to fall asleep in! Good luck with the rough patch!