Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nerd Alert...

WARNING: Fits perfectly in a three yr. old's nostril.

When I put Hazel in the car to leave this morning, she had a tissue in her hand that she kept trying to stick up her nose. She had been doing this for about the last 20 minutes, but I didn't think anything of it since she has had a little bit of a runny nose lately. After buckling her in her carseat, I finally took the tissue from her so I could help her wipe, and I looked up her nose to see some kind of white bulbous thing filling up her nasal cavity. Of course I went into panic mode and reeled through a list of possibilities in my head while jumping in the car and speeding towards the doctor's office. After a couple of minutes, I calmed down enough to convince myself that it wasn't a tumor, and I turned back towards the house. I used a bulb syringe and a little white NERD came out on the second try.

Thank goodness I didn't waste that $20 copay! I just think it's hilarious...and strange...that she didn't come tell me right away. Usually her fear of being hurt outweighs her fear of being punished, but I guess the latter won this time around. She got a long speech about putting stuff in her nose and ears....including threats of going to the hospital and having her nose cut open! I'm pretty sure that will do the trick.

10 comments:

Paige said...

I never understood the compulsion children have with sticking things in their orifices...

sondra german said...

i second paige's comment... i never did that! seriously! i do recall swallowing gum and coins though. :/

glad she's okay. :)

The Allred Family said...

I love snotty nerds. I hope you didn't throw that away! :)

Anonymous said...

Avery tried her first box of nerds tonight and took one bite of it and handed it back to me and said, "I don't like it". So, I guess I don't have to worry about this one. But, she does like tootsie rolls....

Ashley said...

When my sister was little we were replacing our carpet with tile, and she stuffed the carpet pad pieces up her nose. She had to go to the doctor to get it taken out b/c it was too far up her nostril to get it out.

Jerry said...

I'm surprised that you haven't received a medical commentary on this from those whose have experienced everything if you know what I mean...and I think you do.

Rebecca said...

tricky little girl. mean mommy.:)

jess p said...

lindsey, i love you.

jess p said...

i was just remembering when nate threw a lego down my throat after he said, "jess, say 'Ahh'." that darn lego went straight down my lungs and almost killed me. booger nerds, however, no problem.

ucmama said...

I've never removed nerds from a nostril, but if you ever have to get a screw out, use a magnet. I know that thanks to C