Monday, November 3, 2008

And the winner is....

Today Owen got in the car after school and said "I voted online for the president today."

Me: "Oh yeah? Who did you vote for?"

Owen: "John McCain"

Me: "Why is that?"

Owen: "Because he's the president"


I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I have a few ideas. I tried to ask more questions to figure out why he felt compelled to vote for McCain, but the most I could get out of him was that he had seen pictures of them. I guess he just thought McCain looked like what he assumed a president looked like.

Then he told his G-Mommy the same story but he said

"I voted for John McCain and some lady. I didn't know that lady was on there. My teacher just told me about John McCain and Orama."

Then we had to explain to him that there was a vice president because he wanted to know why he had to vote for two presidents. Such a funny conversation. I should have recorded it immediately, because I'm pretty sure I have forgotten half of the cute things he said....

4 comments:

Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

HA! Mom told me about this, but she said he said something more like, "I didn't know he came with a lady"

Thought that was HILARIOUS though. He's so precious.

TheoMama said...

Your kids are so adorable and they say the funniest things! I love the story about the dream they had. I was laughing out loud.

The Allred Family said...

That's racism. Obama was right in saying, "I am not what you usually see on the dollar bill!". Owen, you should be ashamed of yourself.