Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy ending for a mindless twit...

Nathan and I got up this morning with seriously upset stomachs that just got worse throughout the day. I won't go into details, but I felt that it was an important addition to this story- especially considering the fact that we are both getting on airplanes tomorrow morning- one of which will be a 13 hr. flight (poor Nathan).

So I was getting ready to go clean a house, and I wanted my ipod. Owen had been seen with it last, so I asked him where it was and he said "I put it in your buggy at Kohl's last night."

It-shay.

So then I searched through my purse for my cell so I could call Kohl's. Guess what else I left there? MY PHONE! How in the world did I manage that?!

I was on my way to work and decided I needed to just drive straight to Kohl's and be there as soon as they opened. I walked in and they were apparently having a store meeting in the front of the store, meaning that I had to walk up to about 25 employees to admit my retardation. I'm sure I made quite an impression in my cleaning clothes, with a greased back ponytail, no make-up, and three days worth of hair on my legs.

So after cracking a few jokes to ease my embarassment, and standing in line for 20 minutes at customer service, I got my phone back!!!! Oh my gosh. I was so relieved. They said nobody had turned in an ipod, and at that point I didn't even care. My phone was worth so much more, so I was satisfied with just getting that back. But I thought I would just walk up to the front and check the carts...just in case. My ipod was sitting right on top of the first cart I looked at. I can't believe how lucky I was. What are the chances that they were both still there?!

And then I checked my messages and saw that the lady I was supposed to clean for was cancelling! Sure- that's $100 I could have taken on my trip, but it really was a blessing because I was able to come home and curl up in a fetal position for several hours until my nausea was a little less severe, then pack and clean the apartment...so it had a happy ending after all.

6 comments:

Paige said...

I really can't believe how freaking lucky you are! I hope you and Nathan aren't sick on the planes, and you enjoy your Mraz. Did you get all the extra ep's too? They were really good live tracks!

Nicole said...

That's incredible. Seriously. That it was still in the cart!?!? Have a safe trip and FUN time with Mere! Y'all are going to have so much fun!

Paige said...

Okay, I can send you some stuff. Do you want alternative/rock type stuff or just mellow stuff?

Rachel said...

I can't believe your ipod was there...crazy! I'm glad you found all your stuff. Where are going on your trip?

Teresa said...

You are one lucky lady. Amazing! Have a safe trip. I hope that you're going someplace fun!

auntoni said...

You have a gift for creating jewels of humor out of mundane everyday life experiences! Thanks for sharing! I love you.
auntoni
ps (paige's comment)what's "Mraz" and "extra ep's"???