Saturday, August 29, 2009

Owen Dynamite

Somehow Owen managed to slip out the door the other morning with flip-flops on. He is not allowed to wear flip-flops to school. I took him to school. This means he was in the car with me and I never noticed.
Anyway- so he gets off the bus that afternoon with a little plastic bag containing his flip-flops and these hideous contraptions on his feet:

Are you freaking kidding me?! They're practically moon boots! I can't believe they didn't call me. I would have come running from ANYWHERE to save him from the humiliation. This is straight up inhumane. I think I am going to sue.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, c'mon girl, doze kicks are dank! He be stylin' fo'sho.

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/)

Cynthia said...

no, no . . . I'm make my kids wear them all week to school! haha

Rebecca said...

strict! why do they care so much? Too bad you guys live in AZ, b/c he'd fit right in with those in the A-T-L!

Anonymous said...

wow. those could scar a kid for life!

sondra german said...

brutal. bet he doesn't make that mistake again. poor, owen. lol

Paige said...

EW! And what if they had some kind of fungus!? That makes me think of As Good as It Gets when he goes to the restaurant and they tell him there is a dress code and then give him that skanky looking jacket to wear and Helen Hunt is like "I'm sure they get it cleaned all the time" and the maitre d is like "Actually...not really"

Danielle said...

I really hope they pro0vided him with socks as well! I guess he learned his lesson - or did he like them?

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

those are totally the norm for griffin. i don't see anything wrong with them.

Lindsey said...

YES, everyone! They at least provided him with a new pair of socks. And he was very indignant about the whole thing. He was painfully aware of the shoes' uncoolness.

The Allred Family said...

hahahahaha. I am laughing so hard. They look like Griffin shoes. I am not even gonna lie..I see those kind of shoes 3everyday whee I come form. Talk about GHETTO!!! Did they come equipped with a gold chain featuring money symbol??