Sunday, August 16, 2009

Napping Naked Nightmares

There I am in the shower, minding my own business, when into the tub falls one of these:
and one of these:

They are apparently fighting each other....I think the snake was chasing the gecko. So there they are, slithering and flailing and flopping around while I am screaming frantically and pressing myself up against the shower wall. Fighting against the fact that I am soaking wet and, therefore, quite slippery, I try my best to claw the slick tiles and climb up the side of the wall. After practically breaking each finger and toe on my body, I finally see my chance for escape and leap out of the tub, taking the shower curtain with me. I run immediately into the kitchen where Nathan is sitting calmly enjoying a sandwich. I scream at him through my uncontrollable sobbing, "NATHAN! Didn't you hear me screaming for help? Why didn't you save me??!?!" to which he replied with a roll of his eyes, "I'm sure it wasn't that big of a deal."
I woke up feeling very betrayed....and with an inexplicable pain in my back. Must have been all that jumping around in the shower. Maybe I shouldn't take any more 3 hour Sunday naps.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, my goodness! I was freaking out for you! Good blog post :)

Nicole said...

I just re-read it and realized I may be a bit too gullible...even down to Nathan and his sandwich! It was just all so vividly described :)

Anonymous said...

ha! love you nicole.
Great dream. I had a very vivid one too..but depressing. Remind me to tell you about it.

Nicole said...

Here's another comment from me! Did you get excited! :) If you are coming in October we MUST plan something. Give me details when it gets closer!

The Allred Family said...

What the heck? I though you were gonna say Owen put hem in there...but they were real???? I don't know if I could recover from that. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......i just read mere's comment. I am so blond. It was a dream. I get it. hm.

Paige said...

HA! You know very well if that really happened, Nathan would have run out of the house and down the street, not calmly sitting at the table eating a sandwhich! LOL

Rebecca said...

that is like the scariest looking snake i've about ever seen. i have lots of snake dreams too and I've heard that if you have a snake dream, it means you're stressed. could be a myth.

Suzanne Barker said...

That is hilarious. And I actually missed the part where it was a dream at first too!