Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's the hold up?!

Today, while I was picking up Owen from school, there was a man who decided to park his car right in front of the exit for the pick up line. I mean, every person picking up their child from this school (where there are 900 students) had to swerve around him to get out of the line and back onto the road. As you can imagine, it was holding things up quite a bit and everyone was getting annoyed.

Well, if being Sue Parker's daughter has taught me anything, it's that some people are just too darn oblivious to know that they are being a nuisance, and someone needs to speak up! So of course, I took it upon myself to be that person.

All my windows were rolled down as I swerved around him and I politely yelled out the window (in my most chipper voice), "That's not a very good place to park!"

Now, in my opinion, this was not at all offensive.....that is until Hazel decided to add:

"Yeah, MORON!!!!"

What could I do besides laugh hysterically and speed away?!

11 comments:

Christie said...

HA!!! That's hilarious. I can see your mom saying the first part, but I definately can see you saying the second!! Where does she get that??? lol

Nicole said...

I think that is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Second to the Sue Parker comment (love your mom!!)

Anonymous said...

that was HAZEL???? I thought that was Owen yelling that!! This makes the story even funnier!

Christie said...

I was reading this to Craig and he saw Hazel's picture. He said, "that little cutie said that? Sassy little britches". Haha!!

Rebecca said...

hahahaha! thats hilarious. like mother like daughter:)

Teresa said...

You have me laughing out loud again! Oh, my. I must visit your blog more often. I'm going to have to tell Matt about this one... I'm so glad Sue Parker had you!

TheoMama said...

So funny! I love her and I don't even know her. I was just telling a friend of mine your cat puke story; something about eating breakfast after touching puke (I relayed the story better than that I think). Hey, are you really pregnant?

Lindsey said...

NO! I am not pregnant. Who is TheoMama? Someone that reads my sister's blog.....oh! BETH! lol.

The Allred Family said...

hilarious! i can perfectly invision that. you ARE sue parker's daughter.....the woman who likes to ask me every time she sees me if i am pregnant. thanks!!!!

Heather Crozier said...

Oh man. That's hilarious. Thanks for the laughs.

Hansen's blog said...

I told Brandon this story when we were out on a date last night, and he about died laughing. We can tell that Hazel is definitely her spunky mom's daughter.