Sunday, January 4, 2009

The infomercial strikes again!

Yesterday, Owen asked me "Mom, do you have any gold jewelry?"
I chuckled because I already knew where this was heading (especially since my mother asked me the same question a few days ago when I was complaining about my finances). I said "No."
Owen: "Well there are these people who will take your old jewelry like necklaces or rings and they will destroy it and then they will give you a ton of money!"
Me: "Really?"
Owen: "Yeah- you should do that cause we need money more than we need gold."
Then he was sitting on the couch with Nathan watching this commercial:
and when it got to the part where they said "Wait! That's not all. Act now and we will include this stick anywhere closet light with 5 LCD bulbs," Owen said "That's pretty cool."
But the real clincher was when they told him to call now and they would include a second set of hangers for free. Owen turned to Nathan and said "Okay, now I really want to get that."
He's just like his dad.

7 comments:

The Allred Family said...

I want that hanger. Serioulsy, I have seen that sweet commerical.

Jerry said...

I think it is time for Owen to go to Infomercial rehab.

Anonymous said...

LOL...i was just telling JD the Buxton bag story the other day when I saw THAT commercial. Love that kid. Oh, and that is so like Nathan...I agree.

Rebecca said...

thats hilarious.

sondra german said...

i empathize... i am such a sucker for infomercials... it's like they're talking right to ME!

TheoMama said...

That's so awesome! You're kids are so funny! My son loves infomercials too! He kept asking me if I were tired of watering plants. I actually did break down and buy those aquaglobes (what's sad is I had to ask him just now what they're called and he knew!). By the way, they don't work.

TheoMama said...

Okay, just to clarify, I didn't call in and buy the aquaglobes, I bought them at Walgreens. I don't know why, but the other way would be embarassing.