Sunday, January 11, 2009

Scaredy Cat

Against my better judgement, I let Owen play some Goosebumps games on the computer the other day. I no longer let him watch this show because it always causes nightmares, but the games looked pretty harmless. Things like "Create a Monster" where you pick funny body parts, etc. to make up your own monster. This couldn't scare him, right?

Putting him to bed tonight, the following conversation ensued:

Owen: "I'm scared"
Me: "There's nothing to be scared of"
Owen: "I don't want to have bad dreams. Those Goosebumps games scared me and I think I will have bad dreams now."
Me: "But you have to remember that they are only dreams- they are not real. Just funny thoughts that come into your head while you are sleeping."
Owen: "Why?"
Me: "Well....sometimes it has to do with what you were thinking about before you went to sleep, so maybe you should think of something funny before you fall asleep....like a bunch of cats dancing." (first thing that came into my head)
Owen giggled a little bit and then hesitated before saying:
"That's kind of scary."

So I tried to look up some dancing cats to show him, and he's right! They ARE kind of scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H6CcGiuFo

4 comments:

Jerry said...

I was ok until the Ninja cats came on the screen! They are to me as clowns to Paige.
Wait that could be an SAT question.

Rebecca said...

Dancing cats. Weird.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. You're so funny. That video was creepy. Poor Owen!

Anonymous said...

If I have nightmares tonight of Mr. Potato head monsters getting beat up by flying feline furball ninjas you won't get a birthday present this year.