Friday, November 7, 2008

Missin' my Momma...

I still haven't posted about all the fun things I did when my mom was here! It seems like I was immediately thrown back into the "real" world once she left. Come back, Mom!

I took a lot of pictures of her with the kids, but we managed to go ten days without getting a single picture of us together! So this will just be a log of sorts.

Even though Nathan was working non-stop while she was here, we managed to get out by ourselves twice! We went to a great little Mexican restaurant here and out to see The Secret Life of Bees. We did a lot of shopping- including all my favorite consignment stores. We found a thrift store called Everything Goes that we both fell madly in love with and visited three days in a row. There are no words to describe how awesome this place is. No matter what your style is, you can find something you love at an amazing price. Thanks to this store, I finally have furniture in my dining room! My wonderful mother bought me and Nathan a table and chairs for an early Christmas present, and I found a gorgeous dresser for $32 that is also in the dining room and I am storing all my music in it. I will put up pictures when it is all put together....which will probably be no time soon.
Everything Goes
I wish I could wake up every morning in the middle of this store and stare at all of the beautiful things they have. I think I will go back tomorrow....
Let's see...what else did we do? We made Chicken Tetrazini (which I ate for every meal until it was gone). We made and ate through three pans of the famous Erwin fudge. We went to garage sales. We visited Owen at school and went to his Fall festival. We stayed up late watching recorded HGTV shows or nightly dramas or a movie....whichever sounded best at the time. We went to the gym a couple of times. We had a couple of visits with Chris and Erin and Baby T. It was just fun to have her around. I'm glad she was able to survive all the noise and chaos that comes with our family.

3 comments:

TheoMama said...

How did you manage to get your husband to see Secret Life of Bees? I went for girl's night and even telling him what it was about was painful for him! I have the same sadness when my mom-in-law leaves us. It takes about a week to come out of my funk.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there too!

sondra german said...

i need to find little places like that... surely houston is full of em...