Thursday, September 25, 2008

Itchy Update

I am going to pull my hair out. I decided that Hazel was not allowed to go outside today. Somehow she still woke up from her nap with fresh bites (the count is up to 68 just on her legs). This is after I washed her bedding & sprayed her room with repellent! I don't get it. Maybe it's chiggers? And last night I coated her with Caladryl and gave her liquid Benadryl. It helped a little bit...she still woke up itching a couple of times, but fell back to sleep much faster. And now Owen has bites all over his legs!

And in response to everyone's loving advice- we put OFF on them every time they step out the door, plus use OFF candles, plus we have used up a couple of cans now of the OFF fogger spray around the yard. WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???!?!?!?

I am calling in a professional.

5 comments:

ucmama said...

bedbugs? fleas? stigmata?

Danielle said...

If it's chiggers - paint the spots with clear nail polish. It works. BUT do it before their bath or shower - I made the mistake and Emma had just showered and was freshly scrubbed - the bites were opened so the nail polish burned her! Oh well - she wishes she would have called in the professionals too!

Eve said...

My father-in-law, and entomologist, said that chiggers don't burrow in your skin, it's their spit that makes it itch. Nail polish does make it feel better though, and so does knowing that there isn't some bug in your skin. Caladryl does the same as nail polish and it also helps to prevent from infection.

Jenn aka boysmama said...

oh the poor baby!! if they are mosquito bites..we use toothpaste to make them stop itching. :) I don't know if you guys have barn swallows there? But they are the best thing for mosquitoes...they eat 'em right up. All we did was put a barn swallow house on our shed and they keep our whole yard clean. Good luck!!

sondra german said...

are you sure they're bites?? chicken pox? measles? if you think this is a ridiculous suggestion you should know i've never actually had either of those... ;)