Thursday, August 21, 2008

He loves to hate....

Disclaimer: Owen hates EVERYTHING right now. I think the only thing he loves is the word hate. Based on our investigations, he pretty much hates anything that involves him NOT sitting at home watching movies or playing his gameboy.

So- it's the second week of school and Owen already hates it. Before you all get worried (which was the point of my disclaimer), I am his Mommy, so of course I have asked LOTS of questions and I can tell that he actually is really excited about school. :)

But I wanted to share a couple of the funny things he has said this week.

On Monday, on the way to school, he said (surprise, surprise) "I hate school."

So I sighed and said "Owen...do you hate THIS school or are you just saying that because you want to stay at home"

"I just want to stay at home. Why can't we pretend like I moved or I died so I don't have to go to school anymore?"

Then, while getting ready this morning, he told Nathan that he hates school. Nathan (in so many words) said he needed to have a better attitude and Owen angrily said "You don't know what I've been through!"

Oh. my. gosh. Where did he learn to be so dramatic?!?! ;)

Of course...I need to include a Hazel story. Tonight she had TWO accidents (peeing in her pants). Needless to say, Nathan and I were both livid. I gave Owen a piggy back ride to bed and Hazel got jealous. Nathan said "Little girls that pee their pants don't get piggy back rides."

Hazel said, "Yeah huh! I saw it on a show. A little girl peed in her pants and then her Mommy gave her a piggy back ride. I saw it. I'm serious."

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are two funny little kids--wonder where they got their spunk from?!!?

The Allred Family said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing out loud right now. Hilarious. Where does Hazel leanr to talk like a 12 year old. Serioulsy, the girl is going thru puberty or something. I have no, absolutely NO ideas where they could possible get their flares for the drama.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

let's be honest, you really don't know what owen's been through. i mean, 2nd grade or whatever is pretty traumatic. losing that kindergarten naptime has got to be a tough loss!

Rebecca said...

You're seriously wondering where they get their drama from???

Heather Crozier said...

I'm about ready to pee my pants from laughing. I guess I won't get a piggy back ride.

Your kids are freaking funny.

Paige said...

I'm really worried for you for the teenage years.

Anonymous said...

Hazel's story is freaking hilarious. And, Owen, that kid never ceases to amaze me.

sondra german said...

can you imagine what THEIR kids will be like?? lol