Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Habit

I am addicted to Craig's list. Within the past two weeks I have bought 2 sofas, an armoire, a desk, a bed, a tv, 2 dining tables, and 4 chairs. That's right. There are many stories to go along with these purchases...one of which involves renting a uhaul and making a two hour drive three different times (not to mention spending a ton of money!!!). I don't want to go into the whole story because it's pretty detailed, but I have one mean thing to say.

If you have decided to go by the name Cricket, you better have a sweet personality to go with it. Because a horrible name mixed with a horrible personality is just too much to handle. And don't freaking sell stuff on Craig's list if you are then going to be annoyed at people coming to pick the stuff up. I paid you for your old stuff that was sitting in your garage! You should be thanking me for letting you help me load it. GET OVER YOURSELF. Okay- not that she will ever read this, but that made me feel so much better.

Anyway- I have also been pretty successful selling our old crap on there. It's fun. Try it sometime. Now if I could just get my stinking house rented to support my new habit.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was addicted to craigslist for a while. Wow- you guys must be rolling to be able to get all that new stuff! That crickets character sounds like a jerk. you should have just said, "keep it, you little dump!"

Anonymous said...

so, I've been raving about craigslist for years...and of course, now you claim that you practically created the site, and want all the credit.

Ha.

What a witch with a capital B.
Not you, I was talking about the insect.

Anonymous said...

Craig's List is a conspiracy by the Green People to make us recycle our crap!

Unknown said...

Wow Lindsey! That is a lot of stuff.

The Allred Family said...

I LOVE craigslist. It is an addiction. There are classes, support groups you can go to for that.

Teresa said...

I love Craigslist, too. Welcome to the club, and congrats on all of your great purchases!