Monday, May 5, 2008

Seriously?

Saturday night, we went out to dinner. A cute (but dorky) little family sat next to us. They had two children of their own who appeared to be about the same age apart as our children. I give you this piece of information to stress the fact that she should have known better. This mom asked me if Owen and Hazel were twins. Granted, Owen was spurting out a string of high-pitched incomprehensible noises at that moment, but stil..... come on! His head alone weighs more than Hazel's whole body. Seriously?

So I decided to respond with "Yes! As a matter of fact, they are. My husband and I are also twins! Are you guys quadruplets?"

Just kidding.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

How strange! Don't you wish sometimes you could say what you're thinking?

Lindsey said...

Yeah- but I spent most of my life doing that and I never made any friends, so I have had to learn to filter myself a little. :)

Rebecca said...

Lindsey- you are hilarious. You need to come visit us in ABQ.

ucmama said...

I hope you don't wonder why you have weird kids...

sondra german said...

well you DID make friends... you know, friends like me... oh... i see your point.

The Allred Family said...

HAHAHA!!! Lindsey. I never stop laughing. I am so glad you clarified that they were dorks.

The Allred Family said...

i am annoying...you've been tagged. go to my blog and check it out.

Teresa said...

Oh, my! My heart started racing there for a split second when I thought you actually told her that. Lindsey, you naughty. Be good. ;-)