Thursday, December 27, 2007

In the ghetto

Well- I have to say that I am proud of us for making it in the Phoenix ghetto for over a year without being the victim of any major theft or life-threatening situation. That ended today.

Before you panic...we are all still alive.

Nathan went to get in his car today and drive to work....only to find an empty parking spot. There is no worse feeling. We, of course, filed a police report immediately, but I have very little hope. I'm pretty sure our sweet little Honda Civic is gone forever.

Of course, Nathan has been talking about getting a new car for a while, so he is trying to see it as fate (which adds slightly to my building anger). To make matters worse, his grandfather's WWII 22 rifle was in the trunk. Don't ask me why....although I also enjoy carrying family heirlooms around in my trunk. After all, doesn't that seem like the most reasonable place for them?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, my gosh that is awful! I'm so sorry!

Anonymous said...

of course. that's where I keep all my heirlooms and precious items. :)