Monday, June 8, 2009

Unconnected...

And now I shall bore you all further by posting my recently uploaded pictures...

Hazel got a haircut. For those of you who never see her, you probably won't be able to tell that she is missing about 3-4 inches of stringy, dead, strangely colored hair. I asked her if I could take a picture to send to Aunt Meredith and she proceeded to strike pose after pose with no encouragement or direction from me.




She had her friend Alex over for the whole day on Friday. I was in HEAVEN. Those girls played happily in Hazel's room the whole day. It was divine. They would come out periodically to show me their costumes and/or jewelry. I was especially impressed with Hazel's sharing abilities. She let Alex have the real princess dress and shoes while she settled for a fancy church dress and shoes. She was just thrilled to actually have a girl to play with for a change.

With all this quiet playing there was bound to be a huge mess. I couldn't have cared less. But I did suggest at one point that they try to pick a few things up so they would have more room to breathe. I found them a few minutes later cleaning up (angels) and making up a cleaning song to motivate themselves. I'm not sure why the chorus was "kite kite kite" or why they were "walking through the woods" while cleaning, but it was precious nonetheless.

Owen loves glowsticks. I'm not sure why. But I found a big box for $1.00 at Michael's and I've been trying to convince him to only light one or two a day so he doesn't waste them all at once. Last night, when I went in his room to see if he was asleep yet, I found him like this.



Oh well. It was a temporary joy anyway. I guess Ben 10 wears some kind of bracelet like that.
Yesterday, Hazel was using my potty and it took me a while to realize that she was in there for a good 15 minutes. Doing this....

It's hard to tell from the picture, but she had a bunch of makeup on her face and clips in her hair. I had just bought several new eyeshadows and she had managed to dig big holes in every single one. I sure am glad I use the "cheap" make-up.



It's hard work being a princess...

8 comments:

Jerry said...

This made my day...when do we get to do a video conference again?

Paige said...

Precious. I love the song and her hair looks way better!

Lindsey said...

Paige- I know, right!

Maury said...

Ben 10 doesn't wear glow sticks. He wears an Omnitrix on his wrist that lights up when activated.

:)

Anonymous said...

the hair...way better! I can totally tell!! Love the song too, even though it doesn't make sense. Avery said, "Are they singing the kite kite song?" She must know that one. But, then she said, "No the cleaning up song like, clean up, clean up, everybody do their share." So she got it I guess.

Erin T said...

That is such a precious video and great pics. Love the new haircut too!!!

Sarah said...

A. I'm pretty sure at one point in Hazel's song she said "Cinderella is from outer space."
B. You'd better hope Owen doesn't start listening to techno or become a huge raver.
xoxo

christian@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Cars, planes, computers, nanotechnology, modern medicine: none of those marvels impress kids one eighth as much as glow in the dark technology.

Don't be weird about commenting on my posts. You're one of the only people who can draw a laugh out of me with almost every comment.