Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hazel is FOUR!

I can't believe my sweet little baby is FOUR YEARS OLD! It's incredible. She had a really hard time understanding the fact that her birthday was today but her party was not until tomorrow. Soooo...we let her open her gifts from the out-of-towners today so that she would feel special on her bday. Lucky for you, she opened her gifts in my bedroom...the junkiest room in the house. Enjoy...

Aunt Paige sent her a My Little Pony Salon that she just couldn't stop playing with. She came back to it over and over throughout the day.


Notice the little mannequin heads on the top with all of the different hairstyles that pony can try on? She pretended those were the baby ponies and they sang their names (Sally, Emma and Emily) over and over. Kind of creepy.


She even got inspired and pulled out one of her bigger ponies so she could play with it's hair. She brought it to me looking like this and said "Look! She's fancy!" She has about 6 million of Hazel's clippies in her hair.


Paige also sent her some Disney Princess pajamas. I actually managed to catch her reaction as she opened them... And then immediately put them on...


Ghee and Sarah went the Barbie route. They got her a Barbie that she keeps seeing on TV that has a pet dog with a puppy. It comes with a bath to wash the dogs in. Apparently something was missing, though. In the commercial, the dogs get in the mud and have to be washed off. When she opened the gift, she stared at the box for the longest time and then finally asked "Where's the mud?" She was easily appeased when she realized the tub had a functioning shower head. She wanted it opened immediately so she could make the mommy dog and baby dog cuddle together.

They also sent her a new Ken doll and a wedding dress (because she told me she wanted her barbie to get married). She was SO excited about the dress and immediately took Barbie out of her dog-washing clothes so that she could rush off to her wedding with Beach Party Ken.
Obviously Ken didn't realize that he was supposed to dress up for the occasion, but Barbie still looked pretty happy about the whole affair.


Carly heard all the commotion and poked her head out to see what was going on...



then spent a good ten minutes trying to get the ponies opened so she could attack them.


I had a talk with Hazel later this afternoon about how she should act at her party. She is a typical four yr. old and has the tendency to rip through one present after another without giving herself any time to react. I explained to her that people want to know how she feels about their present and that she should take the time to thank each person before moving on to the next gift. I don't actually expect this lesson to stick, but I thought it was at least time to start drilling it into her head.
I was giving her some examples of what she could say when opening a gift and she sad "Or like 'Oh, Thank you so much! This is the perfect thing I always wanted!' " I said "That works!"
I can't wait to see what she says tomorrow! I am already prepping myself for the laughter.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Hazel! It looks likes she loved all of her girlie gifts. My favorite is the pony with a million clippies in its hair! Have a fun party!

Anonymous said...

I miss her!

sondra german said...

well happy birthday HAZEL!

please capture some of her party moments on video! lol

The Allred Family said...

You are sooo funny. I love Hazel's face from opening the pj's!!!! What a good idea to prep for on how to act at her party. Part etiquette and the fakest thing to say to go with it! :) LOVE IT! Please let us know how that goes. I am pretty sure it's gonna be funny too.

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!!! All the babies are growing up. I guess they tend to do that. I hope that you have a blast at the party and can't wait to see her reaction pictures.

jjjjj hgssssssssssdewewee That's Hayden's Happy birthday to Hazel!

Heather Crozier said...

How cute. Yeah you should post what her reactions are to her gifts. I love hearing stories of her. She cracks me up.

Happy birthday, Hazel! I can't believe it's already been four years.

Sarah said...

Give her a big birthday hug from all of her far away cousins!!

Cynthia said...

What a day chalk full of "fancy" things. I miss having 4 year olds in the house.
Have fun with your two day celebration!

Paige said...

Just give me about 15 years and I will have her doing hair in my shop, mark my words! Hahaha. That pony IS fancy. And those pjs are too precious for words. I'm glad she liked my presents!

That is hilarious about Ken not dressing up for the affair. I think they are having one of those destination weddings at the beach or something. So maybe Barbie is the one dressed innapropriately, huh?! Did you ever think of that?! hahaha!