Friday, December 19, 2008

Today......

For the first time in a couple of weeks, I had a day to just catch up on life! I steam-cleaned my carpet, organized several problem areas in my house, worked on our Christmas family newsletter, took a walk with Hazel, watched a few shows on my DVR, ate a lot of the sugar cookies we made last night, talked to my mom on the phone, took a good long nap.....


It's been great. There is nothing fantastic to report, no funny stories to tell, but it's just been one of those days where I got to set my own pace and I just don't feel like I get very many of those anymore.


To top it all off, I got to talk to my good friend Dani on the phone tonight. It required a little parental neglect on my part (the kids had an hour long bath), but it was so nice to vent and complain and laugh with her. And oh how her sweet accent made me miss Georgia. I love you, Dani.


And now I am going to post a picture of myself, because I am rarely on my own blog. 30 is getting nearer and I look at my face in the mirror and think "Hey! That's neat. I have a wrinkle for each year!" And you know what? I'm ok with that.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

You're so cute!

Anonymous said...

cute picture! You know, I'm jealous of your hair. I know you hate it, but I think it's gotten so much more beautiful than mine since we've gotten older. Love you!!

Paige said...

I loooooove that picture of you. You're gorgeous!

sondra german said...

um, yeah, i'm with meredith... how do you make it do that?! i have natural waves... it doesn't do that... ever.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i am offended. you failed to mention our conversation. ew...you brat. and of course the parental neglect that came with that conversation.

Heather Crozier said...

You are so pretty in the pictures you posted. I laughed so hard when you talked about Hazel's Boston accent because I remembered it from when I visited you guys last month. :) I'm so glad we met you guys while we lived in GA. Keep in touch always! We miss hanging out with you guys.