Monday, September 8, 2008

WE MOVED!

Our 7th move in less than 8 years of marriage. Doesn't that sound like a dream!?!? :) But I must say that being in an apartment for 2 years makes you really appreciate the small things.


1. I have an undermount sink with a spray nozzle. I use that removable spray nozzle probably 10 times a day and want to giggle with excitement every time. Sad, huh?

2. I have a back yard with a fence where my kids (and apparently everyone else's) can play without me having to watch their every move.



3. This is Owen's new best friend, Zach. He lives across the street, goes to Owen's school and is the same age. Perfect?!?! By the way- don't be fooled by the patch of green on the ground. Those are rough, prickly weeds that I mow down and pretend that they are grass. The kids LOVE the jungle feel (complete with swarms of mosquitoes) of the back yard, and they own this side of the shed and keep all their outdoor toys in it.



4. I have a kitchen big enough to fit a table in (not to mention a whole dining room that just has boxes stacked in it right now).



5. I have a living room and a family room. This means I actually got to take all my Craig's list purchases out of my friend Bekah's house! FYI- I plan to paint and hang pictures and make it actually feel like a home instead of an institution...then maybe I will put some more pics up.


6. My kids have their own rooms. I can't even begin to list all the benefits of that situation.


7. I have a carport to park my car in so that it isn't 115 degrees in the car when I get in.


8. I live RIGHT down the street from Owen's school...can you say bus route (aka lazy stay-at-home mom)?



It's a quirky little house and there are MANY things I would change if I were buying it, but we feel like it is stupendous compared to what we have been dealing with. We have so much room to spread out and when we don't have to listen to anyone else's lives going on above or beside us. If that's not heaven, I don't know what is.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Finally a house! But, I want to see more picture. Love your new couch and that rug looks really cute!

Danielle said...

Remember - we tend to grow to the size of our fishbowl! It looks nice and you always have your home (all of them) decorated so cute! I know you are so happy to have more room!

Tracy said...

Ok, you've got me beat. We've moved 4times in 8yrs...

Let's talk about those counters though - fancy!

Congrats on your move!

sondra german said...

yay! girl i feel ya... we've moved every year (give or take a month or two) ever since we moved to houston in 1999. one of those year's we had a rent house... very liberating. you know we bought a house a year ago... and i will tell it's even better... if there is such a thing given your current state of euporia. ;) AND i think we may have the same couch... you have such good taste.

EmmyMo said...

I'm happy for you and enjoyed reading about all the little things that make you giggle. Here's something funny/weird that makes me giggle. I save all of our soda/coke cans and sell them for money. I get like 2 cents per can, but it's still fun to get something for basically nothing, instead of sending them off to the city for recycling and them making money on it!

Unknown said...

Such a cute house :)

Rachel said...

Your house looks really, really nice. Granite countertops, stainless steel sink, tile floors? Where did you move to? How do you make so many friends so fast?

sondra german said...

wow. how do you do it?? WHY do you do it? sentimental attachment? won't sell? rent house? i'm intrigued... i just couldn't do it! but i do wish you that happiness again! :)

Rebecca said...

So exciting! I remember that same excitement! Congrats!

Paige said...

Yay!!!

Maury said...

I'm so excited for you! Moving from an apt to a house is the best thing ever! I will never forget what that was like to not feel so crammed in all the time!

The Allred Family said...

Yeah! I love it. It looks really cute. I love the cute little barn in the back. It'll serve the prupose like our basement serves..."don't know what to do with that thing hon? Throw it in the basement". And BTW, I lost your phone number. You don't beleive me do you? I know you just emailed it out....but I lost th epost-it I wrote it on and deleted teh email after getting it and writing down all the info. i am a dork. call me. I know what you're saying, "that brat, I am NOT calling her". Suck up your pride adn DO IT!

TheoMama said...

I love you! You are so funny, and your kids are darling. I love blogs cuz' I get to have one-sided conversations with people and read all about what they are doing!

matt, bekah, jax said...

love the new house. We stopped by last night to come see it, but you guys were not home. We can't wait for the tour.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

i totally get you, i would love to get my nice, expenisve furniture out of a rot-infested garage in GA but i can't! i'm proud that you've moved up in the world. by the way, we've moved 12 times in 5 years of marriage-beat that!!