Monday, August 11, 2008

1st grade

Back to school! YAY! Owen seemed very excited about his new school. He has been a little anxious about not knowing anyone, but I think his excitement overcame his anxiety by the time we got on campus. He knew exactly how to get to his class, and he walked in the door without a backward glance. He also forgot to give his Mommy a kiss and a hug before his teachers practically shut the door in the faces of all us clingy parents. :(
I made up for that by giving him LOTS of hugs and kisses when I picked him up. He was very positive. He said his teachers were awesome and he had a great day. His favorite part of the day was when they watched a video about playground rules. That kid cracks me up.
I had to take a pic from above to make him appear smaller because I can't stand how big he is getting.

Hazel walks her brother to class.

My gigantic 1st grader

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is like he has changed overnight. He does look more grown up. I miss him.

Anonymous said...

He looks SOOO big. Especially with that cute haircut!! No, seriously, I kind of like the new haircut.

Nicole said...

I LOVE the new haircut! The picture of Hazel holding his hand made my eyes well up...that is so precious! I can't believe you have a first grader. I'll be calling you next year for advice on how to physically go on after you send your firstborn to elementary school. I will be curled up in a ball on the floor.

ucmama said...

He IS huge! What are you feeding that kid? I think it's hie haircut that makes him look so big. BTW, I will have 3 kids in school in a week. Jud is going to be in kindergarten. It doesn't matter that he if #3, I will probably still cry that another one of my babies is growing up.

Wendy said...

Ah--school time makes me a very happy mom. He looks so cute. I can't believe he's in 1st grade--I still remember when you were pregnant with him. You said he's in a new school--did you guys move? Are you still in AZ? Is he still the minority?

Paige said...

I like the haircut! Except for the white walls she gave him. (how far it goes around his ears and down his neck- is that an optical illusion or something or did she shave that?!) Anyway, I think it's really cute short, I think you don't like it cause it makes him look so grown up!!! He is sooo big. Please smother him in kisses and tell him it's from me!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you have a first grader! You're getting so old! :)

Maury said...

You are NOT old enough to have a first grader! He's such a cutie, though!

Hey, I think we're gonna have a BBQ this weekend... want to come?

Heather Crozier said...

Are you sure that's Owen?