Thursday, January 24, 2008

Deep Thinking



Hazel and I were in a public restroom a few day ago washing our hands. The trash can was right on her level and she stared at it for a long time after throwing her paper towel away.

In a panic, she whipped her head up and looked at me with a very concerned look and said, "Mommy! You can't reach the trash can because you didn't already grow small enough."


I just smiled at her and tried to reassure her that I could just drop my paper towel down from my staggering height, but she wasn't having it.
She said "NO. You have to grow down like THIS!" and squatted down to the floor while motioning a gradual "growing down" with her hands.


Oh, the mind of a two year old.




And here is a precious moment I captured. They may scream and fight 99% of the day, but occasionally I hear silence (that phrase makes no sense) and I find them loving each other. :)

watching t.v. together

Do you see Hazel's little arm around his shoulder? So sweet. And what does it say about my picture taking habits that they didn't even budge while I circled around them for the best view? Poor kids.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the cutest story of Hazel! And those pics are adorable. I guess they like each other after all

Tracy said...

You need to let me know what they were watching. My kids need to get in a coma like that once in a while. Silence is golden!

Teresa said...

Cute story, and adorable picture of the kids. Wait, I think Meredith already said that. Well, she's right. So sweet to see your kids snuggled together like that.

Nicole said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love her little arm around him!

sondra german said...

aw :)

Lindsey said...

Tracy- this moment is SO rare and happened 10 minutes before bed on a night that they were REALLY tired. Just a crazy occurence that had nothing to do with what they were watching (meaning i have no idea what they were watching). :)

Nicole said...

Oh, and Hazel looks a little like Paige in that picture!!

Nicole said...

And one more thing...the clock on my computer must be really off because I did NOT leave that first comment at 4:45 a.m.!!! Just for the record...

Paige said...

I keep saying she looks like me!

Hedderg said...

Those pics will we great blackmail material in about 10 years. Good work!